Whether you’re looking to develop raw land or to buy, sell or lease commercial real estate in Texas, you need attorneys who have extensive experience with commercial real estate transactions. We have the necessary experience to assist you with real estate transactions of any size. Dawn is also licensed in Louisiana, so transactions that cross state lines are not a problem.
Broad Commercial Real Estate Experience
We have over 20 years of experience handling virtually every aspect of commercial real estate transactions, including extensive experience working with national and regional developers and end-users. Our experience includes:
- Raw and developed land acquisitions
- Tax-deferred exchanges (1031 exchanges)
- Commercial real estate sales and acquisitions (representing buyers and sellers)
- Commercial Leasing (including retail space, mixed-use space and office space) from both Landlord and Tenant perspectives
- Construction and Development (including representation of developers of residential neighborhoods and associated HOA documentation)
- Financing and refinancing (including extensive experience in financing of equipment used by real property users)
- Deeds of Trust, Mortgages and Foreclosures
- Title and Survey matters
We advise clients on the legal aspects of real estate transactions, from start to finish. In acquisitions and sales, we draft and negotiate the contract for sale, help conduct due diligence, prepare opinion letters, assist in obtaining financing and negotiating the financing terms, advise on the formation of the business entity and oversee the closing process. In leases, we represent landlords or tenants in the negotiation of lease documents and assist with the due diligence and construction aspects associated with the build-out of in-line retail space or office space, as well as with ground-up construction.
Attorney Opinion Letters
Most lenders on commercial real estate projects require attorney opinion letters. These legal opinions advise the lender that the borrowing entity has been properly formed and is in full compliance with state law, and that the loan covenants are legally valid and enforceable under applicable state law. We’re experienced in preparing attorney opinion letters for commercial real estate loans.